We at City Farm are honored to be working with incredible local bloggers, cookbook authors, chefs, and real food advocates to bring you seasonal recipes with ingredients sourced locally and available at our farmers markets. This week, we’d like to give you a more detailed introduction to Gaby Dalkin (whatsgabycooking.com) and what inspires her incredible seasonal recipes.
Excerpt by Gaby Dalkin
“Welcome to What’s Gaby Cooking, my corner of the web where you’ll find mostly healthy and sometimes decadent recipes from my everyday life. I believe in eating what you want, when you want it! Plus, tune in for my video series and tag along on my travel adventures.
50 things about me:
- I am absolutely obsessed with cheese
- I am 27 years old
- My closet is color coordinated and organized by season
- I live by my planner
- I love crossing things off in my planner
- I wear bright red running + spinning shoes
- My cookbooks are also color coordinated!
- I am a sucker for a good margarita – fresh squeezed juices please!
- Harry Potter is my favorite movie of all times
- It’s also my favorite book
- Followed closely by The Hunger Games trilogy
- I can’t go anywhere without my sunglasses
- I live in Los Angeles
- I drink wine, and I really love a good Pimms Cup.
- I have a cat named Stella
- Carnitas are my favorite kind of taco
- Sometimes (read: all the time) I make spelling mistakes. It’s only natural right?
- If I’m ever MIA… chances are I’m at a farmers market
- Peonies are my all time favorite flowers
- I grew up in Arizona
Check out Gaby’s debut cookbook, Absolutely Avocados, which offers Gaby’s California casual cooking style mixed with a bit of Southwestern influence in over eighty avocado-centric recipes.
Tune in for Gaby’s video series HERE.